Listen up, all you fans of Monster High, Alphas, and The Clique! It’s time for an interview with Lisi Harrison, YALLFest guest and author of these popular series! Let’s get to it!
What one thing do you need to have when you write?
A scented candle. Each book has it’s own scent.
Describe your book in 5 words.
Popular freshmen’s secret journals revealed.
What is the hardest line to write- the first or the last?
Best writing tip you ever received?
Stop writing in the middle of a chapter instead of the end. It will be easier to start up again the next day.
What one young adult novel do you wish you had when you were a teen?
Tell us 5 random facts about yourself.
- I can’t run.
- I have a tattoo with a type-o. It’s supposed to say, “creativity” but it says, “dry.”
- In college I thought it would be cool to get a tattoo written in Chinese characters.
- I was supposed to be on one of the planes that crashed into the World Trade Center. I changed my reservation at the last minute. Now every time I look at a clock it says 9:11.
- I can’t stand being asked about my “favorites.” I don’t have favorites. If I did I’d forget what they are the minute you asked and would remember them the minute you leave. It’s maddening.
- I prefer to give 6 random facts.
Where’s your favorite place to write?
What are you working on now?
Pretenders #2: License To Spill.
What is your favorite genre to write in? To read?
What did I just tell you about “favorites?”
At what point in the development of an idea do you know that it will become a full-length novel?
When I can describe it in one sentence. And do it without cringing.
There you go, ladies and gents!
Want to meet Lisi Harrison in person? Make sure you attend YALLFest, the biggest celebration of YA literature in the South! (I’m guessing.) To learn more about YALLFest, go to go to http://yallfest.org/, Facebook, or Twitter.