In case the title of this post wasn’t clear enough…
2015 was a decent year with various highs and lows, but I’m ready to start fresh in 2016. Having said that, let’s take a quick look back at my reading in the past year.
My reading goal for 2015 was 250 books. (Yes, I realize that’s low for me.) Well, I surpassed that by just a few books, and my grand total was 257 books. That total includes picture books, romance novels, middle grade and YA novels, and even a few memoirs. Some were in print, and many were ebooks. Some were new releases, and some had been out for years.
I only posted on 93 of the books I read here on Knight Reader. (Some of the others–those suited for elementary age readers–ended up on Knight Reader Junior.) For those of you wondering which books were my favorites, here they are. (I’ve also included genre and publication year for your convenience).
- Let’s Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson (memoir, written for adults, 2012)
- The entire Dorothy Must Die series by Danielle Paige (YA fantasy)
- Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen (YA realistic fiction, 2015)
- The Girl from Felony Bay by J.E. Thompson (middle grade mystery, 2013)
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (YA fantasy, 2012)
- Black Widow: Forever Red by Margaret Stohl (YA comic adaptation, 2015)
- Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson (memoir, written for adults, 2015)
- Fish in a Tree by Lynda Mullaly Hunt (middle grade realistic fiction, 2015)
- The Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy collection (YA fantasy, 2015)
- The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan (middle grade/YA fantasy, 2015)
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell (YA fantasy, 2015)
These are not listed in order of preference. For the most part, this is simply the order in which I read them. If I had to pick my absolute favorite book of 2015, the honor would probably go to Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. That book is made of awesome.
Now, let’s look to 2016. This year, I’m hoping to read at least 275 books and write at least 100 posts here on Knight Reader. A tall order, but I think I can do it.
Many of the books I plan to read this year are already out (some of which have been on my TBR list for years), but there are loads more that I’m looking forward to. Let’s take a quick look at some of my most highly anticipated reads of 2016:
- Mr. Lemoncello’s Library Olympics by Chris Grabenstein – January 5
- The Siren by Kiera Cass – January 26
- Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan – February 9
- Ruler of Beasts (Dorothy Must Die, #0.6) by Danielle Paige – February 16
- Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices, #1) by Cassandra Clare – March 8
- Yellow Brick War (Dorothy Must Die, #3) by Danielle Paige – March 15
- The Crown (The Selection, #5) by Kiera Cass – May 3
- The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1) by Rick Riordan – May 3
- Summer Days & Summer Nights: Twelve Love Stories edited by Stephanie Perkins – June 14
- And I Darken by Kiersten White – June 28
- United as One (Lorien Legacies, #7) by Pittacus Lore – June 28
- The Bronze Key (Magisterium, #3) by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare – September
- The Fever Code (The Maze Runner, #0.6) by James Dashner – September 27
- Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige – September 27
- The Hammer of Thor (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #2) by Rick Riordan – October 4
- Solutions and Other Problems by Allie Brosh – October 25
This is by no means a comprehensive list, but it’s a pretty good start! I know I’ll add quite a few more to my TBR list as the year progresses.
With that, I’ll wrap up this way-too-long post. I wish all of you a wonderful New Year, and I hope you read some wonderful books in 2016. Thanks for your support of my little blog!